Thursday, March 26, 2009

[OTAKU POST!]

TORADORA REVIEW


Toradora! has finally come to an end after spanning 25 episodes.

Well, the ending was kind of disappointing, it seemed kind of rushed and premature to me. Like come on, Ryuuji and Taiga have not even confessed to each other face-to-face and they were already thinking of marrying?!


The kiss.

Episode 25 was kind of plain too; somehow I don't feel happy for Ryuuji and Taiga. You know, most romance anime will either end up making you happy or sad for the main characters. Maybe because I'm more for Ryuuji X Ami but that's another issue. Maybe it's probably due to the anime's failure to bring out the emotions fully for this episode as compared to previous episodes.

But on the whole, I would say Toradora was a decent, heartwarming series to watch.

-Graphics: 8/10 (The graphics were top notch, animation quality was constant)
-Sound: 9/10 (Intro and ending songs were nice, good use of BGMs to bring out emotions)
-Storyline: 7/10 (Expected and rushed ending. However, plot development was good. There were good life quotations to pick up from.)
-Impression value: 6/10 (Doesn't leave much of an afterthought for me, and I have no crave for more episodes)

Total rating: 7.5/10
Additional comments:
-Episode 19 worthy of contention of Best Anime Moment of 2009.
The scene whereby Taiga cried and Ryuuji gets rejected by Minorin were deep with emotions.

-Yui Horie, who voices Minorin, worthy of contention for Best Female seiyuu of 2009.
She managed to bring out Minorin's eccentric personality very well. She also sung the anime's 1st ED and 2nd OP, of which I personally like the latter.

-Lost My Pieces worthy of contention for Best anime BGM of 2009.



No comments: