Saturday, March 28, 2009

[OTAKU POST!]
(I think I should create another blog for anime/manga purpose. Maybe I'll do so for spring animes.)

ASU NO YOICHI REVIEW


Continuing the reviews of the winter animes I have watched, here's Asu no Yoichi.
It's an anime I brought up a few months ago as one to watch out for, but sadly, the anime didn't match up to expectations. However, setting up high expectations was a mistake in the first place, as it was only intended to run for 12 episodes.

So as expected, events were rushed, and they have to cut out many scenes from the manga.

The ending was quite anti-climatic and boring, with the main antagonist realising his mistakes after some powerful words by Yoichi (wtf?). They then proceed to fight as honourable martial artist, and guess what, he's easily overwhelmed by Yoichi.

On the whole, it's quite good considering its constraints. A decent harem comedy with plenty of nosebleeds. /heh

Graphics: 9/10 [Very good and consistent graphics]
Sound: 6/10 [BGMs used were quite repetitive and boring]
Storyline: 6/10 [Bear in mind this is the rating for the ANIME only. Read the manga, it's better. Character development not fully showcased. YET.]
Impression value: 7/10 [Yes, I do look forward to Season 2, for character development(Yoichi X Ayame or Ibuki), and more harem comedy xD.]

Total rating: 7/10

No comments: