Early morning kickoff with Aston Villa against Arsenal ended in a 2-2 draw, after Arsenal threw away a two-goal lead.
Seriously, it's getting all too predictable by now.
Arsenal leads...opponents lose confidence...opponents score, regain confidence, Arsenal gets nervy, opponents equalise and may proceed on to win the game.
Our defence is like shit. Gallas should be sold before his value drops. Toure is not as good as he was before. A fellow Arsenal fan remarked that he wished there were 4 Sagnas. While I laughed at his comments, I found it quite true too.
We need a proper captain. With the absence of Fabregas, Almunia takes over, but he is too silent and not so commanding to be a captain. A captain needs to be able to motivate, have a lot of passion for the club and be a good role model for others.
If I were Arsenal's boss, I would appoint Sagna or Clichy as captain. These two fullbacks have the highest workrate for Arsenal, and they seem to play whole-heartedly for the club rather than money.
For our defence, we should sell Gallas and Toure, and bring in solid centre-backs. Fazio is a good choice, even Hangeland of Fulham and former gunner Upson looks solid if Wenger is looking for bargains.
As for the midfield players, we can get Toulalan and/or Veloso as our holding midfielder, and to cover for Cesc Fabregas, we can get our hands on Marcos Senna; although old, it is a short-term solution while our captain recovers.
And I would be glad to sell Van Persie and Bendtner, and in exchange buy Carlos Tevez.
Wenger should stop being a scrooge and his youth-are-the-best policy.
Or not, he might face the door out sooner than later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment